Monday, April 1, 2013

My New Owelette

G'Day

Well there comes a time when you have to give in to cuteness.  This is one cute and adorable little crochet owl......


I had just completed the eyes in the above photo.  I love the look.

I was inspired by a lady who made this little owl for Claire (from BobWilson123) on facebook and she shared the link to the pattern called Easy Crochet Owl Tutorial by Jacquie from Bunny Mummy.

Very true to the title, the pattern is very easy to follow with many photos to illustrate.

As soon as I saw this little owl i had to give it a go, as I do not crochet soft toys....and I loved every minute..I started late last night and finished this morning.

I will have to make more in different colors as I cannot stop staring at this little cutey.

Here are more photos....

Completed without wings

 Completed with wings

Here is the basic construction...

Front, back and eyes





Beak




Eyes





Sewing together and being stuffed




Little one wants to fly..LOL



Tada....I think I prefer little owl without wings, so cute, but cute and gorgeous with wings too...


I love his/hrs little ear tufts....sooo adorable....

I will definitely be making more in different colors...i have ideas for a blanket with these little fellows...hmmm.


I cannot stop staring..anyways i think everyone should at least have one in their family...hoot over to Jacquie's blog and have a go, these are great for stash busting..and if you wish to share yours with me, that would be fantastic..love to see the color combos we all create.

ok Bella's see ya later for another update on the Spring Fling Pillow.....

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww, he turned out so cute. I love the colours you chose.
    Yes it's fine to sell your owls
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete