Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Pillow to Share

G'Day

I just love textured stitches in crochet and to show case some of these I make them into pillows to decorate and bring color to my home.

Here is a pillow that is one of my favorites.  Crocheted with a 5mm hook and some varied purple shades of 8ply acrylic yarn..not sure what brand, I made this beautiful pillow case a while ago.




I was you tubing and searching for different stitches and I came across this stitch called
Catherine's Wheel, presented by Mickey from The Crochet Crowd.

I liked this stitch so much that I grabbed my favorite colored yarn, purple and started making the square. Finishing of the square, I started to like how it looked so I decided to keep going and make it into a 35cmx35cm pillow case.

This is the front



This is the back, I alternated between black and purple mix with a simple single crochet stitch. I just make up whatever I feel and suits the whole design.




Cool I think...I buy the pillow inserts/form from Spotlight, this is the smallest 35x35 cm, for 5 bucks.

I have more pillows that I will share with you...so stay tuned, I just love making them.

Thats all for now...

oh and if you are on facebook I have created a page where I share my craft creations...so pop on over and LIKE and SHARE my page


No comments:

Post a Comment